Concrete Floating Dock Systems - General Product Description
Concrete floating dock systems consisting of concrete-encased polystyrene floating dock modules
- Floating concrete dock floatation units consist of a fiber-reinforced concrete shell with a polystyrene foam core. Concrete is reinforced with galvanized steel wire mesh with use of galvanized reinforcing steel as an additional manufactured design. Reinforcing bars are provided at corners and along edges of the concrete shell.
- Dock modules are interconnected with a continuous timber waler system where required. Walers are securely fastened to the floats using hot-dipped galvanized connectors, plate washers, spur- lock washers, and nuts or equivalent connectors. Perpendicular docks and smaller finger piers are sometimes connected to main docks by structural steel framing and a timber wale system.
- Floating dock and ramp systems are designed to withstand environmental conditions. The manufacture of the concrete floating dock modules and related dock components will accommodate the same environmental conditions with the goal of minimizing post-construction maintenance.
- The manufactured design for concrete floating dock systems may include provisions where applicable for accommodating bollards, utility pedestals, fire extinguisher cabinets, life ring holders, cleats, rub rails, ladders, and other specified components.
- The dock modules are designed and manufactured to incorporate conduits for electrical wiring, water lines and cables as well as electrical pull boxes to allow for future installation opportunities. The system also allows for the facility to include utility pedestals to serve each slip along each pier.
- Additional information and specifications are available upon request.
Options and Accessories
Our Concrete Floating Dock System comes with a variety of options, each suited to meet your requirements. There are options for safety, convenience, service and/or to make your dock or marina unique, including:
- Mooring cleats
- Pedestal-mounted electric panels
- Fire extinguisher boxes
- Dock ladders
Our Concrete Floating Dock System offers provisions for all utilities – electric, water, telephone, cable, etc. Special features are included in the design to make utilities installation very easy.