Back to Careers
Account Manager – Fort Lauderdale
The Account Manager’s responsibility is to manage incoming vessel inquiries for marina and shipyard visits. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying service requirements, developing strong client and industry relationships, and delivering solutions parallel to the needs and overall experience of the customer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the incoming inquiry process to ensure timely response to all customers, contractors, and tenants for inquiries on available space and/or services
- Gather applicable information to determine viability for all marina or service inquiries and input it into the company’s CRM system
- Ensure timely submittal of quotes as requested for available space and/or services
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers and new customers
- Routinely visit vessels in the facility to book upcoming reservations and obtain feedback on the experience. Communicate and work with the DOS to enhance the experience as needed
- Attend all relevant industry events, including boat shows, seminars, etc.
- Completion of campaigns through outreach for new target vessels and follow up with potential customers to achieve strategic sales goals
- Effectively communicate information relevant to the reservation with internal associates as well as guests through the CRM system
- Ensure the sales process is consistently executed to achieve desired results and meet monthly predetermined KPIs
- Responsible for checking in vessels on arrival and conducting the onboarding process
- Before the arrival of a vessel, understand the proposed scope of work to ensure the vessel’s reservation duration aligns with the timeframe required to complete
- Throughout the reservation period, frequently visit the vessel to stay abreast of the schedule to ensure an accurate launch/departure date
- Throughout the reservation period, communicate with the applicable Project Manager to stay abreast of the schedule and ensure an accurate launch/departure date
- Before launch/departure, visit the vessel to perform a visual inspection with the PM to gauge the reality of the vessel meeting the scheduled launch/departure date
- Attend meetings between the Logistics Manager, Yard Manager, Dockmaster, and General Manager of the haul and launch report to ensure all scheduled haul and launch activity for the next five days is accurate and workflow is feasible. Adjustments based on the current day’s activities must be considered
- Familiar with technical vessel knowledge relevant to marina and shipyard operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be a driven self-starter that shows initiative
- Confident problem solver with a solution forward approach
- General computer knowledge and comfortable with using CRM systems: Salesforce
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Write simple correspondence
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Bradford Marine is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com or click the apply button below.